Last week we visited my brother-in-law Simon’s family in a small town in East Texas called Atlanta. Of the 500+ pictures I took these are my 15 favorite. We came way with more stories and memories than I have the energy to write about. Suffice to say it was a wonderful experience and I would definitely go back.
15. This was taken at the Mary of Puddin Hill company store outside of Dallas. I can honestly say that, of the thousands of products available for sale, there was nothing I wanted. I think Simon’s hat is too big for Dayla.
14. This is an earthen dam on the dry side of a big ol’ lake outside of Atlanta. I forget the name. This picture is currently the wallpaper on my computer desktop.
13. This is the tree that Simon and Kristy, as well as Simon’s grandparents, got engaged under. Ironically, Simon’s Dad’s construction company is being forced by the local government to chop it down because it is less than 30 feet from the road.
12. Simon’s Dad, Tom, is a duck hunter. He asked me to take pictures of his dog, Honey, retrieving decoys. It was amazing to see this dog do EXACTLY what it was trained to do. It never disobeyed Tom.
11. Here is Honey gleefully returning with a “duck.”
10. On our first day in town Simon’s Dad asked me to climb on the roof to take pictures of the raccoon that he was about to smoke out of his chimney. I honestly thought he was pulling my leg.
9. This picture (and the next two) were taken at a bayou park. Unfortunately we didn’t see any gators but there was plenty of moss, standing water, and skeeters. This sign was helpful in case you didn’t notice you were walking off the end of A DOCK.
8. The Cavers
7. The Sundins
6. We visited the city of Jefferson which is famous for its many antique shops. This one store we visited had at least 20 separate rooms with different themes. This picture comes from the “rusted metal tools and other crap” room.
5. Hello from the hay stack! Don’t worry. My dad is holding Dayla from the back.
4. We visited a farm owned by Simon’s family. My dad spent a good 15 minutes trying to convince the cows to eat out his hands. They weren’t fooled.
3. Happy Easter!
2. Where ma eggs at? Fill er up.
1. The standard “you’re going to be embarrassed when you’re older” picture.