Dayla has been exploding with lots of new tricks in the past few weeks. There are some not so fun things that are new (like tantrums in grocery stores), but all in all I LOVE this new phase! Here are some of my favorite tricks:
- Which brings me to the next trick: carrying everything! Purses, bags, boxes….(see pics below!)
- Her collection of words: ball, bye bye (drawn out like a southern girl), hi, dog, duck (“duh”), bug, yes, no, more, please (“pis”), peek (“pick”) night night (“nigh-nigh”) and good animal noises like neigh , woof (“uff”), and ba ba.
- Tons of baby sign language (this all of a sudden exploded!) bath, toothbrush, ball, book, more, food, drink, hat, dad, mom, milk, light, stars, dog, duck, bird, fish, blanket, tired, quiet, baby, etc.
- She gives hugs and kisses
- Blows kisses and waves bye to strangers.
- Dances and sings (singing is “da da da ba ba ba”)
- One of my favorite new things she does is a conversation that we have several times a day. It goes like this. “Dayla can you say blue?” (she answers) “ue”. “Dayla can you say octopus?” Looks at me. Pauses contemplatively and then answers, “No.” How can you not love that honesty?
- AND a recent FIRST. Her first bed head! 🙂 (this is exciting cause she is getting hair!)
First bed head.
Every moment she wants to be carrying something!