I didn’t actually take a picture on December 13th. However I can’t let a day pass without posting something. This is a picture I took at work of a co-worker’s pet. She is a Newfoundland/St. Bernard mix.
Dayla had her 4 month check up today. She is 13 pounds 12 oz. and 25 1/2 ” long. For weight she is in the 55% and height she is in the 85%. So she is a long and lean girl! She also got 5 shots….so she had a little bit of a rough night tonight.
Dayla doesn’t like shots….
Dayla’s early morning feet….I tell you she kicked me a lot in my tummy…looks like she is still kicking at night!
Ginette’s sister Danielle sent over some nice flowers for Ginette’s birthday yesterday. This is a close-up of one of them.
As a special present to her Mom on her birthday Dayla wrote her first word on the whiteboard. Awwww.
We had a Christmas dinner/hang out time with friends today. There was tons of food and plenty of babies, Wii, and Settlers of Catan.
I tried to hold both Dayla and Haley but I kept leaning over to one side. I wonder why.
Tabby in front of Beth and Justin’s monster Christmas tree.
First December Rain
(and for those who want Dayla photos) Sleepy Bear
We actually bought a Christmas tree this year! Since I am not working in retail this year, I am definitely appreciating the holidays a lot more. Here are a few of my favorite and sentimental ornaments/Christmas decorations that I will be excited to share with Dayla as she gets older.
1. I grew up with this very funky looking nativity scene that was hand made in Mexico. I always loved it and looked forward to carefully setting it under the tree every year. A couple of years ago my mom gifted it to me and I was overjoyed.
2. A caterpillar from our trip to the Buchart Gardens this year. One of our adventures on our super fun “Babymoon”.
3. A s’more. It makes me laugh.
4. The Tuck Box Inn in Carmel. Our second vacation this year…and a symbol of our celebration of Thanksgiving that we do with my family every year.
5. Starbucks coffee cup. I am celebrating my 3rd year with Starbucks this December! ( I have also had a lot of coffee on the brain, as my time of “stay-at-home-mom” is coming to a close.)
6. My favorite ornament growing up. I took special care every year to make sure it hung by a lot of lights. Still now it is the first ornament I will place on the tree every year.
A friend of a friend started a daily blog posting they are calling the December Photo Project. Basically you post a picture each day in December. It needs to be a picture you took that day that shows a little piece of your life. Taking a lot of pictures isn’t a problem for us so we figured we would join (albeit a little late).
As a way of catching up here are the pictures for Dec. 1 – 5 posted all at once. We will make every effort to post a new picture each day. Most of them will probably be of Dayla but we’ll see if we can be a bit more creative.
Dec. 1 – A nice portrait of Ginette in front of our apartment.
Dec. 2 – A outtake from the Christmas party pictures. Notice who isn’t crying? Hmmmm.
Dec. 3 – Someone learned a new trick!
Dec. 4 – Dayla and Ginette tried out the baby backpack for the first time to great success.
Dec. 5 – Dayla chillin’ in her Bumbo.
We had such a great Thanksgiving trip up to Paso Robles and then Carmel, and we forgot to post some pictures for you! Dayla was such a champ being away from home for 8 days, praise God! Dayla also got to meet all of her aunts, uncles and cousins on the Senasac side of the family for the first time. It was so much fun. Every year I always feel like I want to spend more time with my family and leave the holiday a little sad. Then I remind myself how blessed I am that I have such a fun family. 🙂 You can check out how big our group has gotten below.